1. The very best way to decorate around a flat screen TV is to mount it.
This way you can really make it look like it belongs up there with the artwork. But if you don’t have a handy husband or wife around to do it, it’s expensive.
The installation of our flat screen TV cost $450!
2. Layer art behind it.
This way the attention is way more on the art than on the black object on the console.
3. Balance the black TV with a black console underneath.
Then it will feel more like an accessory.
4. This is a good way to make a bigger TV look intentional (and less like your husband (or wife) won over you ; )
Keep it alone on the wall above the console or shelf and hang another shelf above it.
5. Go with black and white artwork to repeat the black of the TV.
6. Build it right into your millwork but on the right or left side of the mantle.
This way, you won’t get a crick in your neck while you’re watching Scandal.
7. On a budget but still want the feeling of millwork?
Open shelving and some styling go a long way to creating that effect. Don’t forget baskets right below the TV to hide cords (above).
If you would like your home to fill you with happiness every time you walk in, contact us! We would love to help you choose colours, select the right combination of hard finishes or create a plan to pull your room together. You can find our fabulous e-design consultation packages here.