Social Media Coordinator – Freelance, Part-time, Contracted
Maria Killam Inc. is looking for a part-time, contract-based social media coordinator based in the Lower Mainland to join our team.
Maria Killam is CEO and Founder of THE System for Specifying Colour, Interior Decorator, Author, Educator, and internationally sought-after Colour Expert.
The primary role is to grow and coordinate our social media presence, including Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
We’re looking for an individual (not a team) with at least 2-3 years’ experience in social media publishing with a creative background in home design and décor or styling.
You should have a command of best practices and trends in social media marketing and writing/blogging. You are creative and have a styling background or a flair and some knowledge in home decor.
This is a new role and will be part-time hours to begin with and will grow as much as you are willing to grow with it. You will have the flexibility to work remotely as well as working with Maria Killam in our Yarrow office or client sites.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate in content calendar promotion and with campaigns.
- Ensure the brand is expressed in Maria’s voice consistently across all social channels.
- Write entertaining and informative copy for our readers.
- Plan and maintain a content marketing calendar for the year.
- Map out the schedule for Instagram stories.
- Ensure all Target keywords are in all social media posts.
- Ensure all content matches SEO targets.
- Communicate and fully brief team on upcoming promotions for tagging and automation.
- Identify and implement methods of growing list.
- Identify and engage Evangelists and Influencers.
- Work closely with the team to create a web content strategy always including Maria’s look and feel
- Minimum 2 years professionally working in social media platforms
- You create beautiful, well-executed content, e.g., photos, videos, gifs, etc.
- Strong knowledge of best marketing practices in all social media platforms
- Be up on the latest trends in social media marketing
- Skilled at developing engaging content with promotional objectives
- Exceptional verbal, grammar and spelling skills
- Previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter would be an advantage
- Basic Photoshop skills will be an asset
- Experienced in home décor or at least a fanatical enthusiast
- Excellent communicator and great team player
- A background in home design, styling and writing would be an asset
- Maintain confidential information
Keys to Success:
- You have a super-high commitment to customer delight
- You are kind and emphatic
- You strive to maintain the highest standards of quality
- You get results with integrity
- You have good planning and organizational skills for yourself and others
- You’re open, proactive and have a collaborative approach to team working
- You have excellent attention to detail
- Above all, you love to share and learn and want to be inspired and inspire others.
Email us here, with your resume attached and relevant social media links demonstrating your work.