In June I posted my 10 favourite articles from the first 6 months of the year here.
Every time I come across one I like I save it in a folder, so here are my 10 favourites from July until now:
1) Cote de Texas –Top Ten Design Elements #2 [Slipcovers]
Joni Webb writes this Blog/Virtual Magazine. Her blog is ranked in the top 5 because her posts are extraordinary and thoroughly researched. In this post, she tells you everything you ever needed to know about slipcovers!
2. Victoria Lambert (part of the dynamic duo at Design Ties) wrote a fabulous post about black and white interiors! Click here to read.
Since a huge part of my design work includes styling and finishing the spaces I decorate for my clients, I love these types of posts!
4. Lisa at The Lisa Porter Collection wrote a great post called ‘Hospitality’.
5. Lauren at Pure Style Home wrote an amazing post Natural Rugs; Seagrass, Sisal, Jute, Synthetic & Wool Rug: The Low-down that landed in the Washington Post Blog Watch. Lauren is a highly talented designer who’s house appears frequently in her blog because she’s always doing something new and beautiful to it!
6. Things that Inspire, a well-loved and popular blog wrote Trendy Elements that scream 2000’s a fabulous article (that made the Washington Post Blog Watch for the 10th time—I’m quite sure she has the most in the post :).
7. Brooke at Velvet & Linen posted a house that her husband Steve had completed and it had been staged beautifully, a treat to see, click here. We love her blog, it’s like the blogosphere’s version of the Lifestyles of the [blogger/designer] Rich and Famous 🙂
8. La Dolce Vita wrote Putting it all on The Table. A great post about tablescapes (shhh, don’t tell her I said that, she hates that word 🙂
I could take this opportunity to plug the one I wrote as well, but I won’t because this is about everyone else.
9. Greet at Belgian Pearls; Belgian Interiors & Restoration Hardware
Belgian inspired interiors are all the rage to replace the brown-on-brown interiors that we have been inundated with for so long and Greet did a wonderful and thorough post on how to create the look yourself!
10. Kristin at Discover: Interior Design posted an interview she did with another blogger favourite Valerie at Visual Vamp on her Design Resolutions for 2010. It’s a perfect article to include in this post because that’s what we’ll be thinking about next and it’s so funny and playful, just like Valerie!
So there you go my lovelies, some fabulous posts to read this holiday week!
*All images from the blog posts I’ve mentioned
If you would like to transform the way you see colour, become a True Colour Expert.
10 of my Favourite posts (from Jan – June, 2009)
While you’re here, subscribe to this feed so you don’t miss out!