Things that Inspire does an annual “Favourite Posts” every December. She said every time she comes across a post she likes, she saves it in a folder. I thought this was such a great idea, I started doing the same thing but it’s June and I was already at 14, so I thought I would do a mid year review instead. So here are my top 10 favourites in no particular order:
1. Since this post is inspired by ‘Things that Inspire, I’m starting off with one of my favourites from her blog. It’s hard to choose one, she writes such extraordinary posts, this one is called Light on Two Sides. Who would have thought there was even such a distinction, but there is!
2. Next is COTE DE TEXAS. You need a fresh beverage when you sit down to read one of her posts because each one is like a magazine. This is a woman that get’s over 100 comments on every post she writes. And it’s easy to see why, the amount of work and research that she pours into every one she writes certainly deserves the amount of attention her blog gets from her readers.
This post is called “Like Mother, Like Daughter”, where she compares. . . well you’ll have to read it to find out.
4. This post from Designing Your Dream Home is called ‘Staircase Railing Part One: Iron’. She has a total of 5 posts about railings, everything you need to know about this topic! Here is one of my favourites from her post:
5. And one of my ‘closer to home’ blogger friends Patricia Gray Interior Design wrote a post about ‘DIY Canopy Beds’. With drawings and instructions, she walks us through the process of doing it yourself!
9. One of my blogger friends Brooke Giannetti from Velvet & Linen has a fabulous blog which covers the everyday life of a luxury interior designer in LA. It was very hard to choose my favourite and I already posted a photo of her dining room here because I loved the way it was styled. This is Brooke’s second home in Channel Islands Harbour and this post is called C Magazine, because it was also featured in the magazine.
10. LaurenFaythe, posted a house that was entirely decorated in yellow, called ‘The Yellow House’.
In my experience, an entire house all done in yellow is too much for most people. Clients that have all yellow homes have called me–not to get rid of it–but to help them choose other colours that coordinate with it. I did think the bathroom above was very luxurious, with full drapery, not something you see very often.
I hope you enjoyed my top 10 posts. Hopefully this will inspire you to start your own lists! There are so many talented bloggers out there, it was very hard to choose only 10.