A few common exterior design questions:
- It’s time to replace my roof – do I need a new colour or should I just select the same one as before?
- I’m building a house – what should the colour of my roof be?
- Would my house look good with an actual colour rather than just the black, gray or brown roof I see everywhere?
- Which style of roof works for my home?
- I’m worried about the blotchy look of asphalt roofing, what do you think?
- I’d like to install a cedar shake roof – would that look right with my house?
- Which terracotta colour would work best on my Spanish style house?
- I would like to upgrade my roof to a standing seam metal roof, will this look good on my house? What colour should it be?
If the roof style is sloped enough to be seen from the street you especially need to make sure the colour of your roof is one that will give you freedom to choose the colours and finishes you want for the rest of your home.
Asphalt roofs in particular can be tricky to select, as many of the available colours are patchy. While a patchy-coloured roof can work if it’s the only multi-coloured element on your house, it should never be mixed with stone and brick as this creates a look with too many patterns.
A new roof is a big colour commitment, Maria will help you get it right.
Once you purchase this Exterior Colour Solution you’ll receive a prompt email with a fill-in-the blank form so you can describe your question and give us the relevant information I need. This email will also give you instructions on how to send me photos, so I can get a good sense of the area in question as well as least one photo of your entire home. Take the photos and complete the form and send it to us.
Maria has worked with thousands of clients will all imaginable types finishes and colours. This service provides guidance for DIY decorating so it’s rare to have after photos that are worth posting, because they require professional styling and photography. This is why you won’t see many of them on the blog.
Your Colour Solution will arrive within 5-7 business days.
Note: Exterior Colour Solution is a residential service. Please contact us for a quote for commercial property inquiries.
DESIGN CONSULTATION GUARANTEE AND REFUND
You have paid for our time so we can’t provide a refund if for some reason you move or something changes before you can implement our recommendations. We want you to be happy, so if you have any objections or concerns about the recommendations, we ask that you share them with us along with photos of your colour testing and give us the opportunity to tweak our selections before you reject them outright.
Please note, we will not provide a refund unless we have had the chance to make adjustments to our initial recommendations.