SPECIFY COLOUR WITH CONFIDENCE WORKSHOP – TORONTO
Course Price: $2,500 ($1500 Deposit, $1000 3 Weeks Out)
C Banquets | Mississauga, ON: April 1 – 3rd, 2019
Toronto course is available in Canadian funds. If you are a Canadian Resident, please contact us at [email protected] before purchase.
Spend three days with me where I will reveal what doesn’t get covered in design school, the colour industry, or anywhere else online or in print. You’ll walk away knowing precisely how to distinguish undertones and work with complex neutrals, and your eye will be trained to see what others just can’t.
You’ll also learn my Colour Confidence Method™, a proven technique that will give you the expertise and confidence you need to raise your rates immediately.
My method covers:
- My system for Understanding Undertones™ comes down to 9 undertones. ANYWHERE you go in the world, they are the same. They can be transferred to ANY colour system.
- The must-know principles of colour consulting that will give your clients true value in their decorating, renovating, or building projects;
- How to help your clients get more from their budgets than they thought possible;
- The 10 steps you’ll use to ace every consultation;
- The exact language you’ll use to help your clients understand the “why” of your suggestions (i.e., why “this” is the best choice and why “that” isn’t) Many times you’ll know intuitively that something works or doesn’t but aren’t able to explain why your suggestions are correct ;
- How to see when colour can create magic and when it can’t;
- Work with real tile, countertop and flooring samples during in-class exercises throughout the 3 days.
- Day 3: Learn the Business of Colour, What you need to do to set yourself up for success, how and what to charge for your services, how to ask for the money, how to shop online (and ensure that 95% of what arrives is the right colour, very valuable for EVERYONE including colour enthusiasts), and how to set up an eDesign business so you can add this valuable and lucrative service to your list of offerings.
- What everyone wants in their home is a look and a feel. You will also leave this course a better decorator.
- and so much more!
- Your own invaluable reference book, filled with all the learning tools from three days of training
- Maria’s two e-books, How to Choose Paint Colours — It’s All in the Undertones and White is Complicated
- Unlimited access to Maria’s “How to Choose Exterior Colour” webinar ($147 value); and
- Use of an in-class fan deck
- Work with fabric, hard finishes and large paint samples during in-class, hands-on exercises throughout all 3 days. After your group has made their selections, Maria works with each group to tweak their colour selections and explain WHY each choice is the correct one
- 3 days of live, in-person training by Maria Killam
- Your own complete and extensive work book filled with useful cheat sheets, forms you’ll need for your business and information you can refer back to as you build your experience and train your eye.
- A $350 bonus photography tip you’ll start using immediately
- Catered lunch, coffee, soft drinks and snacks each day
- Certification as a True Colour Expert™
- Access to a graduates-only private Facebook page, PRICELESS. Especially if you work alone and sometimes need a sounding board for the endless decisions to be made throughout your design and colour consulting business
- A Certified True Colour Expert button to display on your website
There is only one way in the world to become a True Colour Expert, and you’re looking at it. Space is limited to allow for interactive and hands-on learning, so book quickly.
If you have the passion to start down this new path, you are welcome regardless of credentials or experience.
COURSE PRICE: $2,500.00 ($1500 deposit, $1000 3 weeks out)
DATES & TIME: April 1 – 3rd, 2019
- Monday April 1st – 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Tuesday April 2nd – 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday April 3rd – 9:00am – 3:00pm
C Banquets | 300 City Centre Drive, 12th Floor | Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1 (across from Square One Shopping Centre)
RECOMMENDED HOTEL (Sleeping room is not included in course price):
Novotel Hotel | 3670 Hurontario St. | Mississauga, ON L5B 1P3
- Call the Hotel Reservation line at 905-896-1000 OR email [email protected] and state that you are booking with the ‘Maria Killam March 2019’ group.
- Discounted rates valid from Check In Date: March 31st, 2019 | Check Out Date: April 3rd, 2019
- Room Type: Standard Room (single/double occupancy) for CAD $164 / night + taxes
- This group rate expires: February 22nd, 2019. Rooms are subject to availability and may sell out!
IDCEC APPROVED: If you are an interior designer who needs CEUs to maintain your ASID or IDCEC status, note that this course is IDCEC approved, with credits granted for each day of training.
LIVE TRAINING CANCELLATION POLICY: A deposit refund, minus a $300 non-refundable registration fee, is available if you cancel three weeks prior to the course date. Cancellations made within three weeks of course date will not receive a refund. Instead, the deposit must be applied to any True Colour Expert training held within the following 12 calendar months, if not your deposit will be forfeited. A $75 non-refundable fee will apply if you transfer your registration to another course.
Note: All prices are subject to change. Any applicable taxes will be added to deposit and balance amounts.