I almost NEVER specify dark greys or charcoals for exteriors. Trim, shutters or front doors, YES.
The main field colour, NO.
Because as soon as the grey trend is over, your house will look trendy, and possibly dated.
It’s the same reason why no one and I mean no one is asking me for a brown exterior anymore.
Because dark brown is sooooo five years ago.
If you drive by a brown house, you can pretty much guess when it was painted. In Vancouver anyway.
Does this mean you shouldn’t have anything brown anywhere? Not at all. But you should avoid decorating your entire house–from inside and out–in the same dark, trendy neutral.
I’m specifying lots of grey for exteriors, don’t misunderstand. I simply do my best to steer my clients away from dark charcoal grays.
Here are some more examples of what I mean by dark and trendy:
- Which beige equals the perfect creamy exterior
- The difference between a Fresh vs. Earthy Colour Scheme
- Which Whites will Make or Break your Colour Scheme.
- How to choose the Right Colour for your permanently vinyl windows. Get this one colour wrong and your house could look bad FOREVER.
- If you have an all brick home, this trim colour will work 75% of the time.
- The biggest difference between painting the interior vs. the exterior of your house.
- The Three Biggest Mistakes Homeowners and Professionals make when choosing exterior colour.
- A step-by-step process using my proprietary Colour Confidence Method™ to choosing your own paint colours.
In the training, I will walk you through the process that a professional goes through to arrive at the right colour, including how to diagnose the real boss of your house.
This process will instantly take the world of thousands of paint colours and reduce them down to a manageable number to select from.
And when I show you a house with a colour you need to know, I’ll list it in Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams whenever possible so you can follow along with your fan deck.
BONUS: You’ll get my list of go-to exterior colours divided by undertones just like the list in my eBook.