What is the one, two rewards you want to experience after specifying colours for yourself or for your clients?
1. You want a good night's sleep. You want to finish your consultation and leave with the confidence that you specified the right colours and your clients are going to be happy with the end result. You want them to know the "why" of your colour choices so they can sleep too.
2. And, like most people you probably want to increase your financial bottom line. You want to be able to give yourself a raise and know that the world will think you're worth every penny.
I consistently receive emails from designers around the world asking when I will have my Specify Colour with Confidence™ training online.
It's such a big job I've decided to take it one step at a time so that eventually, it will all be together in one big manual. And here's the most important module.
Join me this July 2013 for summer school where we'll have four weeks together where I will teach you how to specify colour for interiors. We'll be talking about the right way to specify colour in every area of your home or your client's home.
This is not a beginner's webinar – you will have had to at least studied my eBook, How to Choose Paint Colours - It's All in the Undertones, in order to be able to make sense of the conversation. Click here to buy a copy and get up to speed for this webinar.
So, join me for four consecutive weeks of live video sessions with chat, starting on Wednesday, July 10, at 11 am PDT (click here to find your time zone). We'll get together online for the rest of the Wednesdays in July. Every Wednesday for about 1 1/2 hours.
I'll be referencing the Sherwin Williams, Farrow & Ball and Benjamin Moore fan decks. Make sure you get one of these decks (you don't need all three).
Here's the outline of what we're going to cover:
Week 1, July 10, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm PDT:
Start with a big picture look at choosing colour for interiors.
- How to instantly boost your confidence when specifying colour. So many people have the common misconception that choosing the right colour is all about being able to predict what the lighting will do in any given moment. I'm going to show you how understanding the minutia of light will never give you the confidence to know you are picking the right colour for the space. Learn what will absolutely give you confidence and help you sleep better at night once you've handed your clients their spec sheet.
- Learn the seven basic principles and questions that I ask over and over in every colour consultation. Now that I’ve taught hundreds of designers, decorators and homeowners in my three-day Specify Colour with Confidence training, it’s become clear that there are a handful of questions I ask my students, my client’s (and myself) over and over again in order to make the right colour choices. I’ll tell you what these questions are and you can keep this shortlist in your back pocket, ready to use on your colour consultations.
And you'll also get homework each week that we'll review the following week prior to the next presentation.
Week 2: July 17, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm PDT
Learn my process, step by step, for what can and cannot be painted
- What can be painted inside your clients house? We'll talk about every surface that can be painted, and, I'll tell you which colours they should be and why it's right.
- What can't be painted inside your client's house? We all know there are elements inside each house that can't be painted. So the question then becomes: is paint colour magic? When it truly can create magic and when it just can't.
- Yesterday vs. Today. Deciding which areas of a home need to be moved forward on, which elements of a house are going to be ignored and what needs to get on the list to be replaced is a big conversation. If done in the correct order, it becomes easier for your client to live with the bad while they're working on the other areas of their house that need more urgent attention.
Here's where you'll get some more homework to practice your new found skills.
Week 3: July 24, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm PDT
Walk through actual colour consultations online with me.
- We'll go through real clients homes (not just the pretty and perfect) step by step and you'll get my insider view on how I choose colour, why I make each decision and how it impacts the entire palette in a home. I'll make sure that multiple scenarios are covered so you can start to see how often I repeat the same principals and ask the same questions to get the right result. By the end of this day you'll have these principals and questions firmly stuck in your back pocket, ready to pull out for your next consultation.
Have I mentioned you'll have homework, again? Summer School is not all fun and games, my lovelies!
Week 4: Q&A July 31, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm PDT
- Ask me anything. Submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 26, 2013 and we'll compile them into this one-hour Q&A time. I'll answer as many as possible in the time we have. If we run out of questions before we run out of time, we'll open up the webinar chat to get more in real time!
The cost is $497. Sign up here.
This brand-new, revolutionary colour training cannot be found anywhere else on the planet. Get a glimpse into my world of conducting online colour consultations from my garden studio located 10 steps from my home in the country.
Don't worry, if you can't be there live, we'll send you the link to watch later.
And, if you have already participated in one of my three-day colour trainings, go to our private forum on the True Colour Expert Facebook page for a promo code to get your discount.
See you in Summer School!
If you would like your home to fill you with happiness when you walk in the door, become a client online or in person.
To make sure the undertones in your home are right, get some large samples!
If you would like to learn how to Specify Colour with Confidence™, become a True Colour Expert™. Fall dates now open for registration.
Like what you've read?
FREE: Content packed guidebook reveals the
26 INSIDER SECRETS you can’t live without including
the TRUTH about WHITE WALLS.
Ever wish you could know the secret to what it takes to design a house that makes you happy? Without having to wade through a million differing opinions and blogs? Well here’s your chance.
Get it ABSOLUTELY FREE, along with colourful updates
delivered right to your inbox.