I’ve been tagged by Tiny White Bungelow and I’m to write 6 things about me and then tag 6 other people. So here goes:
1. I am in love with cute little faces, happy faces mostly. And the funny thing is I didn’t even realize this until I came home last year with yet another ‘what not’ with a smiley face.
This candleholder with the dancing mice I fell in love with in a little gift shop in San Francisco when I was there two years ago. They just looked happy to me and I had to have them.
Over the years my taste in art has changed and I have bought new pieces (and given away old ones) but this piece that I bought in the 80’s with the kids in the rain still makes me feel happy whenever I look at it. (and I live in rainy Vancouver so it fits)
I bought this silly little thing (I don’t even know what it is) a few years ago cause I loved his face!
2. Even though I’ve been in the colour business for 10 years I didn’t really start wearing colour until last year when I learned that I was a summer and should be wearing turquoise, soft pinks, periwinkle blues and pastels. (In the winter it’s harder to find those colours though so this year I still wore a lot of black, brown and cream).
3. I have hiked down and back up the Grand Canyon all in one day, and I’ll never do it again!
4. The single most powerful course I have ever completed in my life was The Landmark Forum 11 years ago. It changed my life (It’s the course behind the career I have now instead of the selling-my-soul career I had in corporate) and nothing thrills me more than when someone I know participates. The question behind all of their courses is this one:
5. I was raised a vegetarian. I did not eat fish or meat until four years ago my mother (who is practically a Naturepath) called me and announced that we were not getting enough protein in our diet and that we should start eating salmon.
And because I do everything she says (with regard to health) shortly after that I was in Costco and I happened to be flipping through a book that said ‘People that add fish (especially salmon) to their diet notice such an improvement in their skin that they start eating it even more’. I walked straight over to the canned salmon, bought 12 tins and never looked back!
6. I’m bossy but in a charming way. Really. It’s true. Ask anyone that knows me 🙂