I'm really excited to announce a free training call for all design professionals, stagers, decorators, interior designers and architects:
If you’re like so many of my clients, these situations may sound familiar:
- You don’t have a system to walk your clients through as they choose the different elements of their project, so you end up following their lead in your efforts to make them happy. You feel like your client is in control of how you work and you’re following along, trying to keep up. Talk about time consuming!
- You can’t always explain WHY a certain colour is the right choice, so your clients lose confidence. They end up opinion-shopping with their spouse, their best friend, even their mother. When you return for the next stage of the consult, you waste time in a lengthy discussion, and it’s exasperating!
- You know your clients want to get the most for their budget, and sometimes struggle with the concept of paying a designer rather than spending your fee on the upgrade they’ve been longing for. You want them to know they will save money by hiring you and not wasting their money on making mistakes. Your fee will easily be less than the money they will spend in places they don’t need to spend it, or on mistakes that are so easy to make.
- You work so many hours as a result of this cycle that you can’t justify billing them for all your time. You end up making far less per hour than the rate you quote. You’re working hard – but not smart – and you’re definitely not making all the money you should be.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Why your job goes WAY beyond choosing paint colours for the walls – and what this means for you as a colour consultant or designer in terms of dissolving any myths, theories or objections your clients have.
- The absolute best (and first) response to a client’s colour question or objection (you’ll be surprised at how simple this is – and how it transforms the way you treat design and colour consultations!)
- How to get past the “your opinion versus theirs” dilemma: Learn to see and hear beyond what your clients THINK they want, to create a look and feel that makes them happy each and every time they walk in the door.
Here's an example of what we'll be talking about:
Recently, I received this Ask Maria question from a reader, it was headlined:
HELP, I don't like my new granite!
"I stumbled across your blog & am really hoping you can help me out. I saved up for over a year to replace my tile countertops with granite and now I think I made a big mistake with the granite color. It looks much more yellow & busy than I expected.
I have two questions for you. Do you think changing the color of the wall paint might help, maybe to a warmer color? What color would you recommend? Also, they are planning to put a similar 4" backsplash behind the cooktop, but I think it will just emphasize the busyness of the granite. I'd love to do subway tile. What do you think for the color of the tile?
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for how I might make this room look better."
So, over to you, what would you say? Can you identify how old this kitchen is?
What happened? Why is the granite more yellow then she expected?
Is there a wall colour that can save this kitchen or do we need to repaint the cabinets?
What would be your best, money-saving advice?
I will talk about this kitchen and have many more real-life examples to share next week so if you want to learn more, then make sure you sign up for my free tele-seminar on Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM PST time.
See you next Thursday!
Like what you've read?
Are you renovating or building a house and
need to know where to start?
Do you feel overwhelmed by all the
decisions you need to make?
My 32 Insider Design & Colour Secrets will help you
navigate my blog to get the answers you need.
Get it ABSOLUTELY FREE, along with colourful updates
delivered right to your inbox.
"I feel like I'm learning "secrets" that I didn't know before
that helps me avoid mistakes I'd make on my own."
Lee, Colour Me Happy Fan