Getting the colour of your roof right is one of the first decisions you need to make when you’re building a new house or replacing the roof you currently have.
Sometimes you have an idea of what you’d like your roof colour to be and you just need some validation so you can sleep at night. That’s what I’m here for.
A few common exterior design questions:
- It’s time to replace my roof – do I need a new colour or should I just select the same one as before?
- I’m building a house – what should the colour of my roof be?
- Would my house look good with an actual colour rather than just the black, gray or brown roof I see everywhere?
- Which style of roof works for my home?
- I’m worried about the blotchy look of asphalt roofing, what do you think?
- I’d like to install a cedar shake roof – would that look right with my house?
If the roof style is sloped enough to be seen from the street you especially need to make sure the colour of your roof is one that will give you freedom to choose the colours and finishes you want for the rest of your home.
Asphalt roofs in particular can be tricky to select, as many of the available colours are patchy. While a patchy-coloured roof can work if it’s the only multi-coloured element on your house, it should never be mixed with stone and brick as this creates a look with too many patterns.
Once you purchase this Exterior Colour Solution you’ll receive a prompt email with a fill-in-the blank form so you can describe your question and give us the relevant information I need. This email will also give you instructions on how to send me photos, so I can get a good sense of the area in question as well as least one photo of your entire home. Take the photos and complete the form and send it to us.
Your Colour Solution will arrive within 5-7 business days.
Note: Exterior Colour Solution is a residential service. Please contact us for a quote for commercial property inquiries.